Friday, December 11, 2009

What are some good expensive makeup brands for people just starting to buy expensive makeup?

ok, I want to start buying decently good expensive makeup. I have watched a lot of videos explaining how to apply makeup the right way using nice brushes and quality makeup, and a brand that comes up a lot is MAC. now I have never bought really expensive makeup, just drugstore stuff. I would like to start buying some decently good makeup, so I was wondering if anyone has ANY advice or even just some tips on what some of the good brands are, that would be suitable for a BEGINNER like me, just starting out? Thanks ahead of time for any replies! =]What are some good expensive makeup brands for people just starting to buy expensive makeup?
I wear teenage-styled makeup and love f.y.i.arbonne. It's natural makeup that doesn't hurt your skin, but looks cute and sophisticated. It lasts a long time and comes in lots of different colors. The foundation triples as a sunscreen, moisturizer, and foundation. The lip gloss is very thick and looks and feels great. The mascaras come with a plastic comb, so that your lashes aren't stuck together. The eyeshadows come in the following colors: quarterback(black), prom queen (purple), sheer genuis (bright dark green), best dressed (light tan), dramatic (turquoise), and high school sweatheart (brown).


I would definently try out f.y.i.arbonne, you'll be glad you did. What are some good expensive makeup brands for people just starting to buy expensive makeup?
Mac, brands from Sephora such as Benefit, Nars (Great Blushes), and Urban Decay, and Ulta (you can get 20% coupons and use on brands like Smashbox, Stila, Urban Decay, or etc)


Btw I just want to say some drugstore stuff is better quality than expensive brands and vice versa...It's just basically how you apply it.
Shop at MAC or Sephora, that's where I get all my stuff. But you don't HAVE to have expensive makeup to get a good look because when your wearing it, nobody knows what brand your wearing. If your starting out wearing it you should wear the cheap stuff to get the hang of things first and to see what colors go with your skin, what looks good, what doesn't, etc...
It depends on your age.MAC is good, great eyeshadows, nice lipgloss and I love their liquid eyeliners. MAC fundations if you are on your 20's. If you are on your 30's and up I suggest Lancome or Chanel foundation because they have pigments and ingredients that work really well for your skin. As of mascaras, I sugest you get the Dè„¡FINICILs mascara from lancome, your lashes will look fab.
i'd say go for MAC, it's almost like the cheapest expensive brand out there, and has a lot of eyeshadows, brushes, blushes, etc to work with :)
Go to Sephora.com or the store they have expensive everything,makeup,hair products,perfume,colon,and much more.That's where my mom buys her makeup.It's about $ 30-$100.Good Luck
Smashbox


Bobbi Brown


Lancome


Lise Watier


Gosh


Red Earth


Dior



Try Smashbox. MAC is the other one I would recommend.
MAC...
MAC


Its the best =)
Definitely MAC because they have a huge selection and are relatively cheap for being a good quality brand. $14.50 for an eyeshadow is pretty darn good, if you ask me. And it's even cheaper ($12 something?) if you buy them in palette form. MAC sells empty eyeshadow palettes (they have ones with 4 slots, and I think 12 slots) and you just pick any colors you want and fill it up. Pretty handy.





One tip: Go to Sephora (or anywhere that sells Urban Decay) and get Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. It will be the best thing you ever buy. You put it on your lids before using eyeshadow, liner, etc and your eyeshadow stays on until you take it off. I could go to sleep in it and my eye makeup would still be perfect the next morning! I once tried rubbing my makeup off with a bit of water and it still would not come off. Also, use only a dab of it. A little goes a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin cream