Friday, December 11, 2009

Expensive makeup?

I don't normally buy high end makeup but i was really happy with estee lauder because it matched my skin exactly and was light-weight. i tried ever drugstore brand and it was heavy and never matched. some of my friends think it's insane to spend 27-32$ on just foundation alone but my skin is extremely hard to match! i don't think i'm being a makeup snob because i think if it's going on your face for the whole day it should be really good because bad foundation can make your face worse and waste your money...





so i'm just wondering if anyone else feels that you can wear expensive foundation without being a makeup snob? do you think dept. store makeup is worth the price.Expensive makeup?
It's fine. Pick what you like and let your friends get what they like. Everyone's different and not one makeup is for everyone. Tell your friends not to worry about what you buy. It's your skin and your money.





I love Estee Lauder, by the way.Expensive makeup?
Mac makeup and stephora is pretty expensive Report Abuse

Nah, it's totally worth it. Foundation is an important makeup item as far as I'm concerned, and if you don't wear lot of makeup overall it's even more important that your skin look nice.
I coincidentally just spent 30 dollars on a great foundation.


It doesn't make you a snob!


My skin is really pale so it's hard to find a foundation that matches.


At first I was like ';30$?!';,


but now I'm so happy with it.
I don't think its anyones business..ya know? like, with foundation you need something that matches perfectly, and is good for your skin, hard to find with drugstore makeup. personally everything i use is department store quality, not drugstore, but i dont think thats snobby, its my personal preferance. if i felt that drugstores offered the same quality, i would shop there, but ya know what? i care about what i put on my face, or why wear anything at all. nothing but the best i say! =)
i like buying high end makeup even though it is expensive. to me it depends on the quality of the makeup not the cost. i would rather buy expensive quality makeup rather than crappy cheap drugstore makeup.
If you are over 18, then why do you care what your friends think. It is your money, you earned and you can spend it however you want. Makeup snob? It sounds to me like they are jealous. An adult wouldn't worry about how much their friends spend on makeup.





I spend about $40 on foundation, $20 on lip gloss and $40 on bronzer. My makeup stays on all day and my face never breaks out.





Really though, your friends are just jealous. Guaranteed, they would spend the money if they thought they could aford it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin cream