Friday, December 11, 2009

Expensive Makeup vs. Cheap Makeup?

Is exspensive makeup better then inexspensive makeup? I don't see myself paying $25-$100+ for eye shadow, lip gloss, mascara etc because a designers name on it. The only thing I pay for thats over $20 is my foundation and I hate doing that.





Can someone give me the pros and consExpensive Makeup vs. Cheap Makeup?
I doubt there really are many differences. Bacteria will grow in expensive make-up just like it will grocery brand make-up so as long as you replace things regulary, I say, use what you like. You know what looks good on and you, and what feels right! I use everything from Almay to Chanel, and I wouldn't have it any other way!Expensive Makeup vs. Cheap Makeup?
Expensive, quality cosmetics contain higher amounts of pigment so you end up using less of it. Most shadows, blushes, etc., contain about 70% pigment.





Inexpensive cosmetics contain much less pigment, usually only about 10%. You will use much more of the product to get the right shade.





I have shadows that have lasted me about 10 years because there is so much pigment in them. (I have lots of make-up! ) Some people talk about bacteria growing in cosmetics, but when it is a pressed shadow or blush, it will last you longer- especially if you are the only one using it because the bacteria that grows in it is yours %26amp; you are used to it.





MAC's shadows are wonderful %26amp; w/ tons of pigment. They only cost about $13.00 for a pot of shadow. Cheek colour is about $16.00. Their prices are incredibly reasonable.





Try this test: put an inexpensive shadow on your hand %26amp; then a higher priced one %26amp; see what the different is. Many cosmetic companies are owned by the same parent company. Buerjois is made at the same factory w/ the same ingredients as Chanel. Most of the time, you are paying for fancy packaging %26amp; their advertising.
frist off all it depends on the brand two not all makeups are endorresed by celaberties what ur buying if you buy designer is better quiatly in the long run my suggestion? 1. the stuff you use all the time by quality it'll be better for you skin 2. the cheaper stuff is fine to wear but if you like to experment start with the cheaper stuff. 3. Go for the sales makeup conters give up tons of freebies if you buy at the right time (like makeup bags and some makeup)4. Set a bugdet $150 a year? use 100 on expesive stuff and 50 on cheap so think ahead it'll be better for you budget
i find my $1 eye liner stays on and lasts longer than my $5 eye liner
i know where you coming from, and there's probably several others that do too. i refuse to pay out the ears for something that's going to make me look alright for a few hours. in my opinion, you can get the same out of either cheap or expensive products. my eyeliner is 99 cents at wal-mart...it does better than a 4 dollar pencil i bought from a beauty supply store, i know 4 dollars isn't much, but why spend it if i don't have to. the only real difference in expensive makeup is the 'image' people like. they think expensive makeup makes you look like you've got the money to spend.





oh well. i prefer the cheap stuff. i can have a bigger variety in colors, textures, and a few other features in makeup that matter. it's tough for me to pay $8 for a foundation palette when i need it, but i have to shell out for that because that's probably the most important part of my makeup routine.
I agree with you 100%. Really, the only cosmetic you need to invest $$$ in is a good foundation b/c cheap foundation makes you look awful! Everything else I get as cheaply as I can.... although I don't go super cheap like Wet n' Wild brand at WalMart.





Mascara - definitely go cheap b/c you are supposed to replace the tube after 3 months anway. L'Oreal and Maybelline make good mascaras.





Eyeshadow - I do have some MAC ones that I got at outlet stores...but I think L'Oreal is just as good.





Lipstick - I also have some MAC, but again L'Oreal makes excellent lipsticks, nailpolish, etc.





I think in terms of discount/drug store brands L'Oreal is high quality at a good price. If you go too cheap, then the cosmetics don't last at all or they look reall bad (like chalky eyeshadow) when you put them on.
i tried both high in cosmetics and cheap cosmetics and the look is the same but since queen latifah has a line out i love her product its not high and i get a great look
There is a sense of luxury with expensive products. I love shopping at Sephora..... makes me feel so pampered. The expensive products in part you are paying for name and packaging, but usually the products have less of the irritating/cheap ingredients, more pigment (such as in the case of lipstick and eyeshadow), better scents, etc. You have to be selective, I guess. I have found the expensive products irritate my sensitive skin a lot less, and are overall nicer and more effective. And of course I love carrying around the pretty packaging. Slave to advertising? Maybe. But I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for.
try MAC! they are the best and its not very expensive. in the long run, you will save more money because their makeup lasts a lot longer then most cheap ones and they are the best quality!
I'll pay a little extra for foundation, but theres no way I'm going over twenty bucks. I buy name drugstore brands for eyeshadow because the cheaper brands don't give as good color as others sometimes.
cheap makeup:


spoil fast


irritate skin





expensive makeup:


last long
Well I have used both and now I go with the more expensive. I find it looks much better and it lasts longer on your face. Also you do not have to use as much so you wont have to buy it as often. For example when applying eye shadow, you have to put a lot more on with the cheaper product. You should go to a place like Dillards and get a free makeover at the makeup counter. Tell them you just want to wear it for the day and see what you think. Once you find the products you like you can get some of them on ebay for a lot less.
If you have senitive skin I would use the best to prevent future skin problems. However if your skin is not you can take a chance but buy a good cleaner.
Many department store brands are similar to drug store but usually in life you get what you pay for the cheap products have cheaper ingredients and fillers that can clog your pores and give you other problems, I swear by one brand alone now after trying various products that's BEE LUSCIOUS COSMETICS all natural very high quality products that leave my skin looking and feeling wonderful. My skin texture has never looked this great thanks to the quality Bee Luscious has, I would try them you will love them as much as I do and because of the results you won't even care how much it is..
The price of makeup has nothing to do with the quality most of the time. Normal brands usually work much better than designer anyway. Try a few normal brands and see what works for you. I really like the Loreal Natural Match for concealer, but Boots (a London favorite) at Target for mascara and eyeshadow. It's all a matter of what works best for you, not whose name is on it.
I use mineral girlz and it does not cost a lot of money but it gives me the coverage and look that big name brands can. So I figure why pay more when I can get the same thing for less.
Alot of cheap makeup really does not work that well ... There are some that do though, True Match Foundation works greast! and it's only a little over 10 bucks! True Blend also works really great and is also cheap! but I will tell you that Chanel makeup is great! There glosses and foundation... Hope that helps ya!
I am a make up artist and everybody has asked that question! Some time it is a matter of the ingredients that are used in a certain name brand product. Some things may have a better shelf life. But if your skin isn't particularly sensitive then I wouldn't worry about it. I love Walmart eyeshadow and my Maybeline mascara that only cost just over $5!!!! I have clients who ask me all the time, ';What make up do you use?! It always looks so good!'; When I tell them they can't believe. You have to splurge on some items (like your $20 foundation) but other things, you can buy the next best thing. I saw that you were brown skinned like me. The trick with eyeshadow is to make sure that your skin is moisturized first b/c it will stick better. Conceal if needed, and brushes make a huge difference. If you need to use a color that may not show up well, then just wet your brush first and then apply the shadow. This will make the color more intense. And always make sure that you use proper skin care (cleansing, moisturizing etc...) and products for your skin type (dry, oily, acne or combination). ALOT (not all) of the cheap stuff works just as well. Hope that answered your question.
they are pretty much both work the same. depends on what it is though.
Pros to expensive are that they don't clog your pores, they do last longer and treat your skin better.


Cons to expensive are that they do cost alot for what you could get cheaper.


I like Mac becuase even though I spend $, I treat my skin right and have a designer helping me.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin cream