Friday, December 11, 2009

Expensive makeup?

Is it really worth the price? (mac,bareminerals, sephora stuff)


Or should I stick with the drugstore? (covergirl, maybeline,revlon)


And if it is worth it, why?Expensive makeup?
It's up to you if it's really ';worth'; it or not. You know how much money you have and what your other priorities are. I think it depends on the type of makeup, but generally speaking, more expensive makeup feels better, if better for your skin, stays on longer, and goes on easier. It usually has more pigments which means you use less, and it lasts longer in the bottle and on your face. here's my break down of worth it/vs not worth it for the expensive stuff





Foundation- expensive (I use Bare Minerals, MAC is good too)





Blush- moderate (I use Bare Minerals and the Body Shop)





Powder- moderate (I use Bare Minerals but translucent drugstore powder can do the job)





Eyeshadow- expensive (I use BM, body Shop, MAC, and Urban Decay primer)


MAC pigments are great for eyeshadow, they last FOREVER, and can be used for other things too like highlighter, blush, lipgloss, etc.





Mascara- drugstore (I use L'oreal telescopic, CG lash exact, and Max Factor Volume Couture)





Lip stick/ gloss- drugstore unless you want something dramatic like a matte red lip with staying power





Eyeliner- everyday use drugstore, I use expensive for special occasions (MAC fluidline, or BM liner shadow)





Brushes- Invest in these, they are great tools! MAC and BM make great brushesExpensive makeup?
Good does not have to be overly expensive.


I use LAminerals and it is formulated better than bare minerals or Loreal and less expensive and more of it in the jar!


Plus...theres No talc or bismuth in it and they add good expensive ingredients that the other dont...so go figure. I guess its becuz the other ';well known'; brands spend major bank on advertising and infomercials and crap like that.


I hate drugstore brands of foundations, never again.
I use Bee-Luscious and I believe it is very much worth the extra money. I don't believe in throwing my money away on cheap fillers. If I am going to buy something, I would rather spend a little more and get my moneys worth.





So my advice is NO do not stick with the drugstore brands.





One side note. Makeup like Bare Minerals, although not considered a drugstore brand, still uses cheap fillers such as bismuth. READ the label and DO NOT waste your money on product that use fillers, especially your foundation, such as talc or bismuth (in any form).





BTW: You was right the first time! Revlon is a cheap drugstore brand.





If you would like to try Bee-Luscious and be as amazed by the results as I. Then just do a Google search for Bee-Luscious Cosmetics.





Good Luck! I hope this helps you in your quest for the perfect makeup!
I like the expensive kind better because they are better for your skin. If it's cheap, the quality might be cheap. But I highly recomend Estee Lauder.
certain brands are more expensive because of what they put in there and overall quality of the product


bareminerals works really well and for fondation i would splurdge and if you wear a certain color of eye shadow everyday i would spurldge as well but if you like to change up your look, maybeline shadows and liners work just as well
I use a mixture of both... I don't buy products according to brands, I buy according to what suits me best %26amp; if its MAC I'll buy it, if it's Covergirl I'll buy that. Don't get sucked into buying according to brands. Buy what suits you - that's the whole idea!!
you should get some of each.....use sephora, mac, bobby brown for when you go out, use covergirl for hanaging out during the day
Mixture of both.





Maybelline is a great brand. They have nice foundation and mascara





For eyeshadow, I go to Mac because their shadows stay on long for me and I like bold colors, which they have a great range of.





Sephora brand makeup usually isn't expensive.


I got sephora brand eyeliner for $4, which is cheaper than Loreal eyeliner. And I actually like the quality of the Sephora one more. I also got some great powder for around $14, and scored on some $4 foundation during after christmas sales! :)
minergirlz u should use mineralgirlz they have afordable prices i use it my mom sells it its the best
Yes, there is a huge difference between the more expensive makeup and the less expensive one, especially when you are using the face powder, concealer or a foundation. Cheap makeup can be really bad for your skin in the long run. You should always go to the professional makeup artist when first starting of with choosing the right shade etc. If you haven't already, I suggest you go to your nearest mall, find anyone working at the Mac,Lancome, Clinic etc counter and ask them to help you which shade works for you best. That way, you can never go wrong with which make up products to buy.





I think, as far as the lipstick, lip gloss and eye shadows are concerned you don't necessarily have to worry about buying the more expensive one.But go talk to your nearest makeup artist and find out what works for you. And remember never sleep with you makeup on,always cleanse your skin and moisturize it before applying any make up for best results. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin cream