Saturday, December 5, 2009

Is there any difference in cheap makeup (covergirl, maybelline) and more expensive makeup (MAC, Lancome)?

I am getting married in July, and I have an oily face. I also have acne scars, so I'm looking for makeup that will look the best in my pictures. I want great coverage, but I don't want to spend a whole lot unless it's going to make a noticeable difference. Will the difference be equal to the amount of money I spend?Is there any difference in cheap makeup (covergirl, maybelline) and more expensive makeup (MAC, Lancome)?
For me, yes. I have the same problem. And the only way that I can seem to cover up my scars or keep my face from being really oily seems to be pricey.





For your oily skin: If you use proactiv, buy the Daily Oil Control. It works great and is only around $15. (If you don't use proactiv then join and get some ordered. Do it soon though, because it takes quite a few weeks to get delivered) Use it the week before your wedding and on the day and it should work great. The sooner you use it the better. Don't use too much though, be careful not to make your skin peel.





For pricey make-up: Usually good foundation runs around $10 and up. I've used Lancome, not MAC, and they're good make-ups, but CG and Maybelline are too. I like their eye make-up most though. The new mineral foundations are great, both maybelline and covergirl. They have good coverage and don't ruin your skin. (I wouldn't suggest Physican'sFormula make ups though, even the organic. They don't last long and are very hard to blend- even with their price.) Stay away from zinc in foundations.





Making make-up last also depends a lot on how it's applied and its texture. Even though most people argue against it, I use sponges and change them out weekly. (SimplyBasic cosmetic wedges 32c, $2 @ Wal-Mart) When applied, I use little on places I don't need it and add a little extra where I need it. After that I use a powder (Clinique Stay Matte Powder, $18 @ Macy's, Belks, etc) and it also comes with a 'sponge' that I apply with-changed when powder runs out. After that a blush (CoverGirl Blush Trios, $5ish @ Wal-Mart) putting the darkest shade in a down, blended streak from my hairline to the edge of my cheek that moves when I smile, and the add the lightest/middle shade mixed in the round of my cheek when I smile. I then apply bronzer with a soft blush (Maybelline mineral wear, around $5 @ Wal-Mart) starting at the edge of my lighter blush to my hairline and blending down to my chin.





Hope this helps. %26amp; if you really don't know what to do the week before, get someone to do your make-up. Choose someone whose make up you like. Most people are happy to help, and usually for free. If you're not comfortable with that, go to a mall and check out a few different make-up counters (Clinique, Estee Lauder, Lancome, etc.) and see what the salesperson there tell you. Ask any questions, they get paid to help you and are usually pretty good at answering you. (You can also go there on your big day and they can do it for you, usually for less then $20.





Most of all though, rememeber it's your Wedding Day, so know that your make-up isn't gonna make you beautiful, it's how happy you are. :)





-LSBIs there any difference in cheap makeup (covergirl, maybelline) and more expensive makeup (MAC, Lancome)?
the only way to know is to see for yourself what works and what doesn't, a good test to see the difference between cheap and expensive makeup is to get 2 colors that are similar, one expensive, one cheap, rub your finger in the cheap one, than take another finger and rub it in in the expensive one, than take a look at them both side-to-side which one is more pigmented, i find that the drugstore brands are alot less pigmented and dustier than high-end brands, but i really love rimmel london's stay-matte foundation it is perfect for oily skin tones, or if you want something in liquid form but not oily, you should try laura mercier's tinted moisturizer, it is a bit pricy at $42.00 but it lasts long and is amazing, it gives you great coverage but is not oily and doesn't feel cakey, as far as eyeshadow you need a primer also, urban decay primer potion works the best and blends with every skin tone, as far as eyeshadow the best cheap brand eyeshadow ever, is NYX, there eyeshadows are so pigmented and have a huge range of colors, high-end eyeshadows that are awesome are MAC, and urban decay, for blush Stila's convertible color is amazing, it is pricy but it works soooo well my favorite shades are gerbera and petunia, and last but not least is the lips, my favorite lipstick is by MAC because they have such a great selection of colors and the quality is also wonderful, i also adore cargo plantlove lipstick in the shade lindsay, my favorite lip gloss is Urban Decay XXX gloss in carney because they give your lips a refreshing, icy, and cool, scent and feeling, another favorite of mine is o-gloss by smashbox because it does make your lips a beautiful shade that looks natural and pretty, also Stila's lip glaze in peach because of the beatiful color and the quality of the gloss,





here is rimmel london's page





http://www.rimmellondon.com/US/products/face/product.aspx?id=93





here is laura mercier's page





http://www.lauramercier.com/products/flawless_face/products/tinted_moisturizer/tinted_moisturizer/





here is urban decay's page





http://www.urbandecay.com/categories/EyeshadowPrimerPotion.cfm\





here is NYX's page





http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/Main_Pages/Profile_ES.htm





here is MAC's page





http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY15103%26amp;PRODUCT_ID=PROD1503





here is urban decay's page





http://www.urbandecay.com/categories/Eyeshadow.cfm





here is Stila's page





http://www.stilacosmetics.com/product_detail.asp?PMID=207%26amp;category_id=5%26amp;pos=1%26amp;viewall=





here is MAC's page





http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY15113%26amp;PRODUCT_ID=PROD1439





here is Cargo's page





http://www.cargocosmetics.com/product_44.html





here is urban decay's page





http://www.urbandecay.com/products/CarneyShineGloss.cfm





here is smashbox's page





http://www.smashbox.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.detail/categoryID/28182fba-24af-408c-94d1-7566b5c71728/productID/8052d92a-ea77-4be3-b012-43b116b1320d/





here is stila's page





http://www.stilacosmetics.com/product_detail.asp?PMID=235%26amp;category_id=6%26amp;pos=1%26amp;viewall=
There absolutely is a difference. I tried a lot of different brands before deciding on Lancome foundation, concealer, and loose powder. Cheap brands looked chalky and smelled like chemicals/meds. I constantly receive compliments on my makeup and questions about what I use.





I agree, however, that when it comes to color (lipstick, eye shadow, blush) that Maybelline or other cheaper brands work just as well.





Something else I wouldn't skimp on is skin care. Good cleansers and moisturizers are a must!
I have used both and quite honestly, there is no difference. I use Revlon colorstay foundation and I have normal/combo skin and it stays for hours.





I would inquire at your local salon about someone who does makeup. Don't ask at a makeup counter, they will push their product. You want someone independent of selling makeup, and that includes Avon and Mary Kay. They are biased.
I think if you want a suitable foundation you do get what you pay for so i think if you spent a bit more than normal it would be worth it specially for your big day. For your other make up I think the cheaper versions are no worse than the expensive ones . My daughter and I just wander round the make up dept in the shopping centre and just try a little bit of everything out maybe you should do that.
Congrats on being married. I recomend Mary Kay products. They have the best coverage. The cheap products have chemicals that could harm your skin
there is a difference cause mac is alot better in quality then drugstore brands but you can still acheive the same look with drugstore products as long as you have good primers. since your getting married your going to want your make up to stay all day and not fade or smudge I suggest getting mac prep and prime face primer you put that on before your makeup to help it stay nice all day and then after your done doing your makeup you should us mac fix plus spray, it helps set your makeup and is really good for your skin. also under your eyeshadow you should use urban decay primer potion this will make sure your eyeshadow doesn't fade or crease. if your planning on doing your own makeup i suggest making sure that you practice alot and wear your makeup for as long as you will on your wedding that way you can see how it holds up and if you have a makeup artist do your makeup, make sure they are using long wear products and you should have them do your makeup before too that way you know they can do it right and the way you would like it.
Oh, my Dear, You want too look like no one else on this special day! I am an Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant. Jump on the Web and find a Consultant in your local. Don't you want the BEST? Well, once you realize the importance of a Signature Look, YOURS, You will want to try and use the BEST, MARY KAY Signature Skin Care and Cosmetics! By the way, did you catch the County Music Awards? Mary Kay was the sponsor and all the celebrities wore the Signature Cosmetics!
  • interest rate
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin cream