Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Why is MAC makeup so expensive?

im just wandering because i wanted to use mac but right now i don't have the money, or rather my parents don't %26gt;.%26gt; i was thinking about getting a job but im only 13 and i turn 14 july 24 and i can work at a near-by library when i turn 14. but really, i don't even know where to get MAC make-up at. and iv heard people say its really expensive, like whats the price for the items usually?Why is MAC makeup so expensive?
Compared to other brands like Lancome and Chanel, it isn't. Mascara is $13.50, lipstick is like 14 I think, and eyeshadows are around 14. Macys usually has a counter, and MAC has its own store in some malls. Or go to www.mac.comWhy is MAC makeup so expensive?
MAC is very expensive compared to drugstore brands like Cover Girl, that basically do the same thing. When I was a little older than you, like about 18 or so, I had this friend who swore by MAC products, and she took me to the MAC store one day. I bought a lipstick and lipliner, which set me back $26, compared to maybe $7 for both items if I had bought the Cover Girl or Maybelline versions. And the lipstick didn't look any different than my cheapie stuff, and it actually tasted worse!!! Save your money, sweetie- MAC is just an over-hyped designer product that dumb yuppies buy because they are elitists who feel like it must be better if it costs more.





Actually, I would tell you to go with Neutrogena cosmetics if you want to spend a little more money. Their products are all specially designed to make your skin healthy and most of them also include sunscreen to keep you from aging.
like $30 for a foundation I love mac but you can get cheaper brands easily that work just as well I tend to stick to mac though its my fav but if you dont have the money yet dont use it get something less like max factor they have neat colors
Don't bother...honestly. I bought a tiny-@ss pot of gold eyeshadow from MAC, literally, it's so small, and it cost 拢10 (I'm not sure what that is in dollars). Their make-up is nice but it's so overpriced.


You will be able to find lots of nice make up from cheaper brands like Loreal Paris or Boujoir.....they have nice make-up and it's much cheaper than MAC
MAC makeup is expensive because it is only found in department stores. Whatever you buy at a department store like make-up, it is going to be a pretty expensive price. I think around $18 for one product.
Just because of the brand name and nothing else. I have some Mac make up but there is nothing more special about it than the other stuff I use. I personally think there are better brands out there.
Mac is excellent make-up which lasts long and wears fantastic. It's the best make-up I've ever tried.





Fortunately, Mac manufactures a line of make-up at a much more affordable price, including great mineral make-up that is much less expensive then Bare Minerals.





If anyone's interested in the link to this site, I'll send it. For obvious reasons, Mac doesn't want everyone to know about this line, so I can't mention the name in a public post.
it depends on where u live


normally in canada the average makeup cost is 20 dollars


and it ranges i also have a lipgloss which is about 40. Mac is a very good brand nd they have very interesting lines and collections. but since u are 13 and ur parents r not financially stable at the moment i dont think u should be worrying about it ... ur 13 hun .. and i say enjoy ur youthful skin because once u start wearng makeup it kills it. once u have a earning i sehhhh it does not hurt to splurge.


to take alook at the makeup go to


www.MACcosmetics.com
It's not the most expensive makeup in the world, but is not meant for 13-year-old girls either. They use lots of pigments to create rich, deep, bold color. You can look at prices here:


http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/pr鈥?/a>
MAC isnt that expensive. Some of the eyeshadows are 14 buck so thats so biggie. but her's the link so you can look at it for yourself:


http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/pr鈥?/a>


In order for me to tell you where to get MAC i need to know what state you live in lol... or you can look for a site nearest you in the website. But keep in mind that MAC is very high quality. SO your paying for that and the ';brand name'; unfortunatley too. You should definently get that library job befcause it can add up and put soem extra bucks in your pocket!!


Tell me if you need anything else!!


~PeaCe oUT~
its so expensive because its good stuff.
It IS expensive. Especially if you're a teenager and don't have much money. You can get it at Wal-Mart, Target, and possibly Walgreens or CVS. :)
Well', I don't think you should get a job yet. Mac makeup is expensive. Eyeshadow can cost you $30-$40. Foundation is around $40 too. Brushes are really expensive too!There really isn't a need to use such expensive make up especially if you have to work so hard to get some makeout You can get very similar products for a much cheaper price. Maybe covergirl or loreal. I would personally not spend so much makeup at such a young age.
i only use MAC foundation. Its the best around. but its about $40 for a compact. High in quality. MAC is usually in the mall or in department stores. The price is because of quality and selection.
It has a very high pigment in it, which causes it to be more expensive- but in comparison to other brands it really isn't. The only thing its more expensive then is drugstore brands. I saw the other day the high pigment make up from loreol - or whatever for 11.99 and mac is 14.00 for the same thing, spend the money its worth it. I spent about 4,000 in mac makeup last year, and i don't regret it!
It's expensive because it's designer... lol.





Lip gloss- anywear around 15.00-20.00


Eye Shadow- anywear around 40.00


Eye Mascara- anywear around 15.00-20.00


Face Foundation- 28.00-40.00


Face Powder- around 25.00


Blush- around 20.00


Face Brushes- 30.00-50.00
its in da malls.


depends on how much u buy.


a small lil round jar of eyeshadows like $18.


its expensive cuz its good. i guess.
It's not expensive. I'm 14 years old and i can definitely buy mac makeup. Everytime you go out you should save the leftover coins or even a dollar and you would have enough before you know it. Trust me it work ;)


Um I'm not sure but visit their site.


I know the the eyeliner in my country is around 14 - 16$
  • microsoft
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin cream