Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Why do girls get so catty when I bring up expensive makeup brands?

Most of you get so catty towards me and coco chanellllll.





What did we do?Why do girls get so catty when I bring up expensive makeup brands?
I know what you mean! TOTALLY! I think that girls are just jealous that you have better make up and look more gorgeous than they are. They just wish they had the money you have to buy make up like that. But don't worry about it. Just think. You have nice make up and ur gorgeous so theres really no reason 4 haters :)





love, ajWhy do girls get so catty when I bring up expensive makeup brands?
i have no problem with you and coco . how can i have a problem with you and i dont even know you .


and in the other question , it seemed as though you were bragging about how rich you are and how you can afford expensive makeup. That may have not been the intent , but thats the way it came across.





And if you want ppl to like you , and stop jugding you, then either stop bragging about your expensive makeup or , find some other interests that dont require expensive makeup





dueces ...
I've spent well over $3000 on my cosmetics collection, but as I get older, the more I am realizing that it's a waste of money, especially considering that I use few of the products and I have other financial obligations these days.





In my experience as a freelance makeup artist, often times there isn't a whole lot of difference between high end and low end makeup - 90% of it is technique and practice. The most expensive makeup in the world isn't going to make you look like a radiant goddess if you don't know how to apply it properly. So while I like my MAC eye shadows, I'm not too snobby to use Cover Girl mascara either - it just WORKS, and it works well. There's no point in spending more for just a label.





My guess is that your preference for high end items comes across as conspicuous spending, which is rough especially in light of the recent economy. Not everyone has the money to blow on luxuries such as high end makeup. It's kind of like the girl who goes to school with a $400 Coach bag to hold her books, when the $30 Jansport would do the same job just as well -- it's bound to attract some jealousy.
maybe they think expensive make up makes them a better person and prettier. NOT!!!!!!!! heaven forbid you bring up avon or make up you can by at a regular store. you know the old saying its whats on the inside that counts. there is no reason to not look nice but no need to buy 1.00 make up or 100.00 lipstick, its what you like and what works for you. i have about 1000,00 worth of make up, because i like it, and its all different brands.
Maybe they feel your being snobby about it?





I guess it depends.





I think it's rude of them to get mad at you for saying you like chanel, but I guess it would be kind of bitchy on your part if they said they wore maybelline or something, and you were like ';oh, well I only wear HIGH QUALITY make-up like chanel'; in a really stuck-up way.





but yeah, it's stupid that girls get so catty about that kind of stuff and really, it's JUST make-up! Even though I am IN LOVE with make-up, I would never get in a fight with someone because of it or something, lol.
They're somewhat jealous and think that you're bragging about being able to afford more expensive makeup. To be honest, expensive makeup is all I buy. I'm not known to buy Covergirl or Maybelline, etc. You and Coco Chanel didn't do anything but be awesome :) Just ignore them. If you can afford it, get it.
Because dear, you're merely flaunting what you've purchased to the general public. General etiquette is to never tell how much you paid for anything unless you're asked.





It also sounds like you're self absorbed (stuck up\narcissistic) and it's just not the proper thing to do to win friends and influence people.





And instead of spending 350.00 on foundation (which is insane), it would serve the world much better if it was donated to someone in need.






Hahaha, are you serious? For me, it's not jealousy at all. Your answers to people questions are seriously rude, that's why I'm being so 'catty,' you obviously think you're better than people. And the makeup you buy isn't even that expensive, just FYI.





p.s. get over yourself.
I think it's because most people can't afford them. I think it's totally mean of them. I;m not saying that you can only wear expensive stuff, but it is everyone's choice! I mean if you can afford it and stuff then you have a right to use it!
maybe you shouldn't bring it up. i like designer stuff too but i don't talk about my most recent sephora binge when i'm around my cover girl crowd. it makes them feel like i think they're inferior. or that i am stuck up. either way.
Jealousy, they want the brand but they can't afford it





Also you might be saying it as in ';haha I have coco chanel and mac you don't ';
Not everyone has cash to blow on makeup. Most people are spending it on stuff like, I don't know, food, electricity, that kind of thing.
Jealousy maybe? It's all about personal taste...more expensive products often are better quality and last longer...I don't know what's wrong with that!
maybe they think you are bragging


and get jealous





it sounds like u are bragging rite now





but ignore it. some people got money and some dont tell them to get over it
I dont know maybe because they cant afford that but i can i don't see why they would get jealous other than that
Why are you asking this question again???
Their just jealous!
No idea, my makeup bag is worth over $700 (no lie)
jealously and you throwing it in their face
ugh,


they are just jealous of ussssss!
uh......nothing they're just jealous lol like me!!
do u brag huh ??????????
LMAO!!!!!








Funny sh** funny funny funny!





You know how to push people's (girl's) buttons don't you?





Not pushing mine. I feel bad for you ..... been there ... done that. My daddy was rich too and got everything ... chanel, estee lauder, mac ... sephora, nars I used to hit up all the big brands now my make up is much more simple and reasonable in price.





However, I am what they call ';a natural beauty'; I have perfect skin, teeth and am well proportioned, some people call me a doll lol.





But I don't even NEED MAKEUP and it took me 17 years to realize that! (20yrs old now)





Anyways, with all the make up you buy, it's really good when you look inside yourself and accept yourself and stop trying to cover up. Sounds like you got some self-esteem issues as well.








And you obviously must NOT be that PRETTY if you need all that make up. And your ';beauty'; certainly is NOT showing through your personality ... that's for sure.





But once you get in the real world like I did and have to go to college and fend for yourself without daddy's help ... I think you will get the big picture, we all have to at some point.





So enjoy it while it last hun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin cream