Thursday, June 24, 2010

What makeup brushes should come in an ideal set? And what is the best set out there that isn't too expensive?

I'm looking for a set of makeup brushes but I've noticed that many of the sets that I've don't have a foundation brush which was recommended by a makeup artist. What other brushes should come in the set and what do they look like and how should I use them? I'm new to the makeup thing. Also, I bought Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner. I was told by a friend that I don't have the right brush to apply it. What brush should I use for that? Are there pictures of these brushes to help me shop?What makeup brushes should come in an ideal set? And what is the best set out there that isn't too expensive?
I definitely recommend eyeslipsface.com. All of their makeup brushes are $1.00 each %26amp; they have every brush imaginable. You probably need an eyeliner brush for the gel eyeliner. eyeslipsface.com sells those. What makeup brushes should come in an ideal set? And what is the best set out there that isn't too expensive?
here are some good make up brushes...


http://www.eyeslipsface.com/brushes/e.l.…





these are a good set http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/…





I have the first set and this brush..http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/… they are both good
I love this brush set that i got on the weekend it had a powder foundation brush a eye shadow brush a smudge brush a crease brush and a angles eyeliner brush it is a five peice brush set from sephora and is 38.50 and they are SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOO soft
idk about the set thing but im pretty sure that you need an angle brush for gel eyeliner like this:


http://www.inglot.com.au/images/products…
Just get a set of MAC brushes, they contain everything and last.
The Body Shop has THE best brushes, hands down
The M.A.C. Brush sets are ideal for a begginer. They are somewhat expensive but if you treat them right they will last for years. Plus, you can build a solid and reliable brush set from them. Btw, most of your brushes should be soft and feel comfortable on your skin.





But the ideal set to me:





Foundation brush: Should be slightly firm. Like a paint brush it should command the foundation not the other way around.





Big powder brush: Should be soft on the face and have a big radius.





Small blush brush: Should be soft with a medium radius. As a rule I use this brush exclusively for my red/main blush that goes on the apple of my cheeks.





Angled blush brush: Should be soft. I use this exclusivly for my under eye highlight and lowerlight colors. This makes it so I don't have to keep cleaning my other blush brush





Medium shadow brush: For covering entire eye area or large amounts.





Small shadow brush: For the lids. This brush is better at confined area work.





Blending brush: usualy used in creases but it will blend anywhere. Just use circular movments to distribute the makeup.





Fine/thin angled liquid liner brush: for well... eyeliner and other very fine detail work. Can help color eyebrows.





Don't forget that many brushes can serve more than one purpose. Ex: I use my angled eye liner brush to color my eyebrows with residual eyeliner. I smudge my eye liner with my small shadow brush. You get the point.





Note: The less complicated makeup you do the less brushes you need. Don't get pressured into buying more than you feel you can handle. And always talk to a makeup artist when you go into a store (especialy if you're buying). They know the products and can help you get a better understanding of the tricks of the trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin cream