Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Pink eye and makeup blues... is there a way to salvage my expensive eye makeup without reinfection?

I suffer from frequent bacterial eye infections. By now, I know the drill pretty well.... I go to the pharmacy for two types of eye drops, Deltamid and Sophixin, and start a 10 day treatment (D-every 4 hours and S-every 12 hours). I change my sheets and clean most of the surfaces in my house with a disinfectant. All this is annoying, but what really hurts is tossing out my makeup. I like expensive makeup, and with this last infection, I threw out about $150 in Mac makeup. That was painful, since I had only bought the stuff a few months ago! So, my question is...is there a way I can disinfect mascaras and powder makeup so that I can use it after an infection? Maybe a way of heating up to kill the bacteria? Or is there a certain amount of time I can just store it to wait out the life span of the bacteria? How long can the types of bacterias that cause pink eye live outside the body?Pink eye and makeup blues... is there a way to salvage my expensive eye makeup without reinfection?
you can't disinfect it, but you can use a different disposable brush each time you use your makeup. mascara this will be near impossible with, but for your eyeshadows and powders, just get disposables from walgreens or CVS. Just never put the disposable brush back into the makeup once its touched your skin. Best of luck!Pink eye and makeup blues... is there a way to salvage my expensive eye makeup without reinfection?
You can try UV light, but I wouldn't bank on the results. About 30 minutes under a UV light kills most bacteria.
I don't think you can disinfect the make-up but you could invest in disposible brushes and that may prevent re-infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin cream